Sunday, March 04, 2007

Breakthrough the Barrier (in your Mind)

A lot of people I’ve talked to have said they feel like there is a force field around them keeping them from succeeding. That has happened to me for years. But that was before I had an overhaul on my attitude. There are a lot of people in life that become seriously depressed because they couldn’t accomplish what they really thought they deserved. But eventually, they come to realize the depression was a symptom of being totally focused on “ME”.

Now I know it may not be about depression but I am afraid, a lot of times it is the next step in a series of emotional turmoils. The bottom line is the best way to overcome the spinning wheel syndrome is to start at home.

What do I mean by “The Spinning Wheel Syndrome”?
I am glad you asked this....

The Spinning Wheel Syndrome is a state of mind first of all. You first have to get past this state of mind. I do know that if you focus and never stop pushing and fighting toward your goal, you will eventually reach it. You will find traction. Two more things:

1. Do not compare yourself with others. They may have a different road to travel than you. Your life is significant in its own right. Live your own life. Don’t try and live any one else’s.

2. Whatever you do, do NOT fall into the victim vacuum. That is the place where every thing is “whoa as me” or “I can’t get a break.” Or “why doesn’t anyone love me?” Basically it is a very severe and chronic case of being a whiner.
Keep pressing on and evaluating your state of mind by asking what would be the first obstacle I needed to overcome. Then overcome it. After that, start the next obstacle.
When you start to see progress (and I did say “when”) drop me a line and let me know how it’s going.

No comments: